2019年10月30日星期三

Why Japanese chopsticks are short and thin?

When it comes to food, Xiaobian's favorite in his life is sashimi.
Later, I studied Japanese at University and chose to study in Japan because I felt that I was further away from my favorite food! But a recent treat at my Japanese friend's house made me more knowledgeable.
When I was about to have dinner, my friend's mother handed me a pair of disposable chopsticks. In the beginning, I still thought, no wonder Japanese people are so extravagant. They use disposable chopsticks for dinner? But when I saw a pair of exquisite chopsticks used by everyone except me, I felt embarrassed instantly. Was it because I was not polite or popular? My friend's father seemed to see my embarrassment and began to talk to me, "eat whatever you like, just like my family. We welcome Chinese friends to visit us. Our family all think you Chinese are very smart! For example, the origin of chopsticks
It seems that my friend's father saw through my ideas and began to tell me the story of Japanese chopsticks.
It turns out that my friend's father also visited China when he was young. According to him, chopsticks were introduced to Japan in the Sui Dynasty of China. Before they were introduced, Japan used to grab rice by hand.
After the introduction of chopsticks, due to the differences in diet between the two countries, chopsticks gradually split up in the two countries
Chinese people like to have a lively dinner. Sometimes they like to eat food far away from themselves. They need to stand up and reach for it. So Chinese chopsticks are long and thick.
In Japan, the food is basically divided into two parts. The food is always in front of you. In ancient times, you ate more fish, so you need the chopsticks to be a little thin, so it's easy to pick thorns. So later, Japanese chopsticks were thin and short.
Because of the separate meal system, the Japanese began to bring their own chopsticks, so they will find that when you stop eating in China, the chopsticks are placed vertically, while the Japanese are placed on the chest, indicating the exclusive use of chopsticks, and after eating, the Japanese also like to put chopsticks into a beautiful small box.
Of course, there are many taboos to use chopsticks in Japan. For example, you can't use chopsticks to pick dishes from a dish.
Chopsticks can only be used to clip vegetables, not to stab directly into vegetables and so on. There are more than 20 taboos on using chopsticks alone.
After listening to my friend's father's introduction, the atmosphere also eased a lot
If it's true that one side of soil and water keeps the other side, one chopstick alone has so much knowledge.

没有评论: